Saturday 9 May 2015

Weekend KFC

This year marks my daughter's first year to school and today is the first birthday party of her classmate she attends. It is also the first time for us as parents to attend a birthday party organized by Aussies although later I found out that they were originated from New Zealand. 

Anyway, I learned that there are many differences between Aussie and Asian birthday party. Aussie party emphasizes on activities for the kids while Asian party is more on serving food for the parents. As we are accustomed to Asian culture we assumed that there would be plenty of food at the party. And that's why we went without having our lunch first. 

I was offered tea upon entering the host's house and I saw they were making beautiful sandwiches. I thought that was a good start and couldn't wait for the feast to begin. But then I realized that tea was what I would have for the next 2 hours or so. Series of games were planned for the kids and I was glad that my daughter enjoyed it very much. But food was no where to be found. So I thought I could see it as a great excuse for me to be on diet as I think I'm overweight. So no complain even food was still not served after 1.30pm although we didn't have lunch before we came.

It was quite interesting to experience different cultures once in a while. To see how other people celebrate. Food is not necessarily the only thing that attracts people together like what we Asian like to believe. After all, today's party was organized for the kids, not the parents. The party was planned for the kids to have fun and spend quality afternoon with their fellow classmates. While the food focused Asian party is designed in such a way to to take away the attention from people to food. Some just keep eating without socializing with anyone.

Anyway, I think a balance between the two would be best because by 2pm my stomach started complaining by making noises and I would just grab anything within my field of vision and stuffed it inside my mouth. I didn't care if it was just tit bits, it was good enough to satisfy my hunger. When the sandwich was out, I was like just handed over to me and I would take good care of it. Of course I did that in my mind, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself. 

In short, it was a great party as my daughter was enjoy every moment of it but we the parents were a bit hungry-lah. I once read that some people get fatter while on diet. It is because they starve themselves so much that they eat even more whenever they dine. This was exactly how we felt today. We were thinking of KFC for dinner! Only KFC could save us from our craving for food!

So KFC was what we have for dinner tonight.


We ordered the Streetwise Feast: 6 piece original (my special order of just drumsticks and thighs~~yum!); 4 nuggets; 3 crispy strips and 2 boxes of chips (I still think McDonald's chips are better) for $19.90.

Due to our starvation, this beautiful golden brown drumsticks and thighs were turned into bones in no time!

Today's lesson, don't ever go on diet, if not you would end up eating KFC everyday!

However, it is not too bad to pamper yourself and have some junk food once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment