Monday 11 May 2015

Coffee Club At Raffles Place

These photos were taken quite a while ago and only now that I have the time to share them. It was during one of my transits in Singapore. Sometimes I like the idea of riding the MRT without any predetermined destination just for fun. 

On this particular day I decided to stop at Raffles Place station - the CBD and heartbeat of Singapore. I always have this strange delight to chill out while others are working. It felt particularly good and refreshing when I could just relax while others are working hard. No, I'm not a rich person; I was simply clearing my leave towards the end of the year. 

Anyway, wander around Raffles Place snapping some photos of the skyscrapers here and found this standalone building in the middle of an open place. 


It was on weekday and lunchtime had long passed. Perfect time for me to go in and enjoy the environment all by myself.

A few tables were occupied mainly by working class people talking about business. As for me, I was on holiday and was not stress out to close any deal. Simply sit back and enjoy the view of the surrounding activities through the all glass facade of the building. 

Early Grey Tea

Ordered Earl Grey Tea for a start. Earl Grey always has this refreshing smell that could take away whatever tension you have emotionally. Slowly seeping the tasty tea while waiting for my meal.



This was what I ordered but I can't remember its name now. I will just call it King of Sandwich. Layers of bacon, egg, tomato and salad with the golden brown crispy bread; this was the most delicious sandwich I ever had. After this I realized that sandwich could be very special too!

Simple meal, good tea, great views and relaxing atmosphere in a typical weekday afternoon is the most enjoyable package one could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment