Thursday 27 February 2014

My Own Cafe Opposite Khoo Kongsi

Don't be misled by the title of this post as I still haven't own any cafe yet. The name of the shop that I'm about to introduce is actually called 'My Own Cafe' or it's Chinese name '我的咖啡館'. 

We went for the weekly night market at Armenian Street on a Saturday last January and accidentally came across this new cafe while I was about to enter into Cannon Square taking photos of Khoo Kongsi temple. It is a heritage terrace house converted into a modest cafe selling just Char Koay Teow and Penang Asam Laksa. This cafe is a good addition to the fluorishing Armenian Street area as there aren't many hawker stalls at the moment. 

My Own Cafe Entrance
Penang Asam Laksa
Penang Char Koay Teow
3D wall art has become a trend in Penang ever since the famous 2 kids riding a bicycle art work by Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic. While this is is not created by him, it adds creativity into the interior of this little cafe.


Location: 2 Lebuh Cannon, Penang, Malaysia.
Contact: +6012-453 2453

No comments:

Post a Comment