Saturday 3 August 2013

Sungai Pinang Food Court

Right at the intersection of Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Expressway (formerly known as Jelutong Expressway) is the Sungai Pinang Food Court. You can find many Penang delicacies here like all the major local noodles dishes, dim sum, fried oyster, chicken herbal soup and last but not least my personal favourite Ikan Bakar (grilled fish)! The Ikan Bakar stall is right at the main entrance and is named East Coast BBQ; sounds a bit confusing especially when you are in West Coast of Malaysia.

The seafoods at the stall are very fresh from the catch by local fishermen, this is the advantage of living on an island surrounded by sea! It is always fortunate to be able to live in Penang because there is always no shortage of seafood all year round! Last time I always thought that seafood could be found anywhere in the world until I visited China. I went to Shanghai and Suzhou and realized that the menu only have fresh water fish and not fish from the sea. I prefer fish from the sea as they have sweeter taste and less bones. After that trip I started to be more grateful and contented that I am able to have seafood anytime and anywhere I want while in Penang.

More on the food court at Sungai Pinang Food Court Revisited.

No comments:

Post a Comment