Tuesday 12 November 2013

Seafood Fried Ho Fun

I used to work as a kitchen hand in this restaurant more than 10 years ago when I was studying at the nearby University of Western Australia (UWA). Those days it was owned by a Hong Kong couple, the wife took care of PR and recruitment while the husband was back in the kitchen busy cooking. I wasn't too keen of their food back then because they cater to the Australian market so you would find fried rice with potato chips for example, something that tells you that it is not authentic Asian cuisine.

So I visited Sunflower Chinese Food Village again recently not because of the food but just hope to catch up with my ex-colleagues and boss. I found out that it has changed ownership instead. The interior of the restaurant does not changed much but there were completely new faces working around. I flipped through the new menu without placing high expectation and ordered Seafood Fried Ho Fun. Ho Fun is a flat rice noodle that is very popular in Cantonese dish.

My order came quite soon and I was glad to see the big portion considering that I was in the middle of winter that time. To my astonishment the Ho Fun was so smooth and with the delicious gravy blanketed all over it on top just made it so warm and tasty. They were also very generous with the scallops which is my personal favourite. Big chunky scallops sweetened your taste bud made you crave for more. The whole experience was unexpected and a surprise to me because I never thought it would taste so good. Although it costs slightly more expensive than elsewhere but with the big portion and plenty of seafood, it was value for money.


No comments:

Post a Comment